Public, private, and non-profit organizations attend this event to fill internship and full-time positions, as well as network with undergraduate and graduate students. All majors, degree levels, and alumni are welcome to attend. This event will be of particular interest to students majoring in Geography, Geographic Information Systems, and Environmental Science and Policy.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- U.S. Census Bureau
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS)
- Spatial Front Inc. (SFI)
- The MITRE Corporation
- University of Maryland Campus GIS
- AED Aero Inc.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
Additional Employers TBA
Bring your questions! You will have the option of submitting questions via the chat box or unmuting yourself to ask the question. Students usually ask questions about their background, classes that were helpful, application tips, etc.
- Intro of staff & employers
- Open breakout rooms
- Reconvene and end session
Students: Prepare to Network and Apply
- Prepare your resume- you may make a connection at the event who requests your resume
- Check out these options to request individual guidance
- Research the organizations attending ahead of time
- Top questions to ask during a “job seeking” informational interview
Suggested attire: Business Casual. If you have questions about this event, please email the Feller Center’s Career Planning team at bsoscareers [at] umd.edu.
Hosted by: The Department of Geographical Sciences, the BSOS Feller Center for Academic Advising & Career Planning, and the University Career Center.